For well over a decade, Pittsburgh Prep has been THE leading organization for college entrance exam preparation, including the SAT, ACT, Subject Tests, and AP tests.
Our organizational philosophy is to TRANSFORM students into academic LEADERS to reach their highest potential, without fail, without excuse. All our educational decisions are made with this as our sole guiding philosophy. Students come first.
Our culture is engaging, warm, supportive, and highly communicative. Our instructors are humble, yet they’re all top 99th percentile scorers of virtually every standardized exam (including SAT, ACT, GMAT, LSAT, GRE, MCAT, you name it). On a consistent basis, our staff gets together to share best practices as collaborators, instructors and curriculum developers.
Pittsburgh Prep’s unique, comprehensive SYSTEMATIC program entails absolute mastery in the subject areas of math, writing/grammar, science, and reading comprehension. We do NOT preach shortcuts or “tips & tricks” in a condensed cookie-cutter 16-hour program like other local or online “testprep” competitor programs. We do NOT treat test-prep as a “game” like others.
Students work with us long-term to deeply retain applicable knowledge that they will take with them through college and beyond as lifelong learners. All of our graduating families return year-in and year-out with their younger children/siblings because of the quality of education and the meaningful relationships we foster.
We have helped guide over two thousand+ students in the Pittsburgh region to Universities ranging from just about every Ivy league to local State colleges. Our instructors are all vested Pittsburgh residents who strive for excellence in every facet of our educational program, as community leaders in our personal and professional lives.
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- Scored in the 99% on an actual SAT/ACT exam
- Bachelors from a competitive university and/or working towards an advanced degree (Masters/PhD)
- Experience in live group teaching and lesson planning
- Love and passion for working with students and being rewarded by their progress
- Ability to listen, communicate, and critique for constant professional growth
- A car and a flexibility to work nontraditional hours M-Th and one weekend day
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated to learn and to teach others, with an unyielding constant improvement attitude
- Clear child abuse and criminal background checks
If you fit the bill above, We’d LOVE to have you join our team and grow with us.
We have two locations: Shadyside and North Hills, enrolling students from every high school in the region.
Please send us a brief personal statement and your resume/CV.